Benefits of Environmentally Friendly Fabric Structures
Fabric structures with integrated solar panels, wind turbines or geothermal energy systems use green, sustainable sources of power with a possible battery or generator back-up. Off-the-grid fabric structures have several advantages over buildings using conventional power sources:
- Reduced consumption of environmental resources
- Lower ongoing operating costs
- Availability of government “green building” grants
- Consistent access to power without additional fuel sources
Off the Grid Fabric Structures by Legacy
While green energy sources are relatively easy to add to most types of buildings, Legacy structures are specially configured for optimal power gathering and usage.
- Precise roof angle for solar panels. Once the solar panel manufacturer has determined the ideal angle and concentration of solar panels and photovoltaic cells, our building engineers design the roof pitch to maximize the efficiency of the panels. The engineered roof angle helps the solar panels generate more power without requiring more panels.
- Frames and secondary members designed to support the load. In most locations solar panels and photovoltaics are placed on one side of the roof. In a Legacy building, the steel frame and secondary members will be reinforced to support the additional weight of the panels as well as applicable snow and wind loads for additional building safety and longevity.
- Insulation accurate to R-value. Our installation crews apply fiberglass batten insulation without compression to preserve the R-value and maintain an even temperature inside the structure.
- LEED experienced staff. The Legacy team has worked on a variety of LEED certified construction projects and can help your project gain Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design points.
- Recycled and recyclable materials. The steel components are fabricated from recycled steel. The fabric cover, whether PE or PVC, may be recycled at the end of its useful life.
- Community partnership. As a design-assist company, the Legacy team partners with your community, First Nation, municipal board or company to create a fabric structure that is “green” and meets your project specifications. We have partnerships in place with sustainable energy manufacturers to streamline the building process while achieving maximum sustainability during and after construction.
Legacy’s commitment to green building principles is unmatched in the industry. Our team embraces off-the-grid construction principles to help our customers achieve a more environmentally friendly building.