21,600 sq ft Tension Fabric Building for DOT Salt StorageSalt and Sand
DOT Salt Storage Building
The Legacy Building Solutions team designed and constructed this custom 21,600 sq ft tension fabric DOT salt storage building in Oakdale, Minnesota. Our team of designers, developers and builders creates unique, custom fabric building solutions for a wide variety of uses.
- Building size: 120 feet x 180 feet with one enclosed endwall
- Designed with specific sidewall clearances to allow for end dump trucks and front end loaders to safely operate along the sidewall. Roomier and safer than a salt storage dome.
- Straight sidewalls are 16 feet 6 inches tall and secured to 4-foot piers with a building peak height of 55 feet
- Salt is retained with precast concrete walls
- Legacy designed and sealed foundation and building plans
- All building steel, components and hardware are hot dip galvanized
- Four 6 x 6 PVC mesh vents installed in the endwall
- 50 lb. snow load; 90 mph wind, standard occupancy
- Building was delivered and installed on time
- Building use: DOT Salt Storage Building